Search the forum,

Discuss Free Advertising in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peter241

Hi everyone,

i have been reading some of your threads about getting work in and thought i would Google 'FREE ADVERTISING' to see what came up, and guess what?

there is quite alot out there its just knowing where to look.

its worth a go. ive found a few sites that let you advertise free. for example http://www.bttradespace.com/

I hope this info helps.

F

Fekin

The problem with most free advertising on the web is that these websites might rank high in Google for a search of "free advertising", but will most probably be somewhere on page 157 for a search results of "tilers" for example.

So in that case you need people to search for "free advertising" first then hope they find the website you have an advert on, then find your own advert, and want tiling to be done.

All I have found with placing free adverts on websites is that I increase the amount of cold calling to my mobile for paid advertising and nothing more.

Best way of placing free adverts that will have a chance of bringing you more than just cold calling is to search something like "tilers in manchester" or where ever, and then sort through the results and try and find some websites from the first couple of pages that let you place an advert for free.

P

peter241

an there was me thinking i had stumbled on to a winner. lol.

Thanks for the advice an i will continue with my search

D

Daz

I have to agree with Fekin, as I've had similar experiences.
The only free web advert that has brought me any enquiries has been the free Yell.com ad that I signed up for; and that has only generated a couple of small enquiries.

I've taken the time to keep showing my face at the local tile shops and, now, seem to get a lot of enquiries from them - and it doesn't cost me anything to advertise with them - except boxes of donuts for the girls as a thank you!:lol:

F

Fekin

Customer streets a good one to go with :lol: ... joke by the way, though I must say Im nearly on first name terms with their whole contact center now as they keep calling me so much :yawn:

D

Daz

LOL - Been there, done that. I ended up getting quite aggressive with them 'cos I couldn't get any tiling done I was getting that many calls from them trying to sell me advertising!

F

Fekin

I know, and the amount of times they call after being told that I think their crap is unbelievable really.
Last time they called a few days ago, I told'em they had already called me 4 or 5 times and the answer is still the same, to which the guy asked "what's the answer" sounding a bit confused, so I said, well if your calling me to try and get me to advertise with you then you know I haven't done so already, meaning the answer was obviously no I am not interested, to which he asked why not, have we told you what we can do for you, yes I said and I have no interest because until you lot called me I had never heard of you, so how are my customers going to find you in the first place.....

I guess I don't mind cold callers the once, but over and over is stupid by the same company.

D

Daz

Next time they call, just ask if they've heard of the "telephone preference service" - the phone will go down so fast and you wont hear from them again.

Reply to Free Advertising in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread as the only other...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen