Search the forum,

Discuss Floor screed drying time - advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Get some boards down to stand on and lay right on the screed a few hours after it has gone down, laying with a sand and cement mix, tiles won't go anywhere. Totally no need to wait 4 weeks.

Can you give more info on this method please matt.....:thumbsup:

W

White Room

If a new screed is laid why would you need slc, 80mm is a lot of screed. Could'nt you use Bal Green screed adhesive

T

The D

[DLMURL="http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/products/green-screed"]BAL Adhesives - Products - green screed[/DLMURL]
:thumbsup:have a look at this one is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

frogeye

Hi whitebeam
as i said I am a crap screeder and not a plasterer - I was on my own and had 1,4 m2 to lay . Did my best as it was my own house. got it reasonably level considering the mad rush I was in and the fact I ended up doing it by torch.. Bal green screed sound good - will investigate - ta

frogeye

F

frogeye

Cheers deano
heres a 'g' for Birmingham :yes: you know what I mean
an answer to my problem - I will see what it costs, but at the end of the day if it does the job then thats fine.

sully

F

frogeye

£37 a bag I would expect a new kidney and fitted.
I will check application rates tomorrow -a genuine thanks for all the replies, it's been a big help - the thought of waiting till xmas to tile this small area was depressing to say the least. Just seen update - 3mm -mmmmmm - if only my screeding was that accurate - I think I could lose a bag in the middle bit. Quote anyone?
will throw in a relatively unused ts 60 something or other and a rubi washboy (little use to me now)

off to bed
cheers

frogeye ( possibly the worst tiler in the world!!! in voice of Carlsberg ad!)

P

penno

Can you give more info on this method please matt.....:thumbsup:

Done quite a few floors over the last few months using this method, mainly in superstores.

More or less as soon as the screed is down then you tile over it using a slurry mix of cement for adhesive.

Reply to Floor screed drying time - advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen