Search the forum,

Discuss Exakt saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

I can only speak regarding floor tiles. You run the saw through the centre of the grout and then it's quite easy to rake the rest out.

T

Tenchman

Yes you can get metal cutting blades and wood cut blades, although i tend to use the diamond cutting blades as we use them to cut out damaged geometric tiles etc from original victorian floors, when the triangles get tiny i use the fein supercut shaped blade like a boomerang. if i left the exakt behind and it was was within a hundred mile i would go back for it.:thumbsup: Thanks Phil for kind words and i agree with you on a previous chat you mentioned we need a spell check :lol: see your post mate

D

Deleted member 1779

I've worked with Andrew Bernard (The JML TV sales rep) at some of the shows and he let me loose on an Exakt. Couple of points
1) Tiles. Worked well on ceramics but I am not sure if it would do well on porcelain. This is because there is not a place to get water to the blade.
2) Dust. Use a vacuum cleaner attachement. I didnt! And I was picking ceramic tile dust out of my tshirt for the day...

As a result of helping JML I now have one in my tool box. I think they are taking it up to the Floor Show next week where it is bound to do well....

R

G

GaryS

The exact saw is a really good tool though the switch on mine seems to be faulty it will cut quartz and porcelain though Id not like to try use it for long cuts on porc it replaces a grinder with steel cutting disc and is more accurate and faster

C

curlycan

I see they have got some knew attachments. needed one of these on a job a couple of weeks ago but as i have just bought a fein my home accountant won't let me get one yet, i'm trying hard to convince her though.

Reply to Exakt saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen