Discuss Exakt saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

curlycan

Has anyone bought/used this tool. Is on one of the shopping channels, looks good but they do a good selling job for rubbish goods on the shopping channels.

S

SandyFloor

I have both.

The EC310 ( think there is a newer model now) and it's brilliant for two things. Cutting 6mm ply ( ok for 9.5mm too) and raking grout from wider joints. I bought two 18 months ago to keep one as a spare as I use a lot of 6mm and I'm still on the first. No good for tiles tho.

If you're interested in the DC270 I did a review on it a couple of months ago and you'll find it by searching the forum.

U

united

I have both.

The EC310 ( think there is a newer model now) and it's brilliant for two things. Cutting 6mm ply ( ok for 9.5mm too) and raking grout from wider joints. I bought two 18 months ago to keep one as a spare as I use a lot of 6mm and I'm still on the first. No good for tiles tho.

If you're interested in the DC270 I did a review on it a couple of months ago and you'll find it by searching the forum.

Here is your review http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-tools/37361-exakt-saw-dc-270-deep-cut.html

T

Tenchman

Brilliant we have 5 of them did some R&D with the firm years ago and stay in touch with them regular basis.
Couldn't do without them on restoration jobs for cutting out etc.also use a Fein supercut. also a brilliant tool.:hurray:

T

tfs

maybe good for basic diy but deffo not a trade tool in my opinion. Sales peeps are very good at making things look good on camera.

T

Tenchman

Sorry TFS since we are a pro outfit and we have used this saw on Grade one listed buildings both here and abroad have to disagree with you it is not just a diy tool.

for cutting out Victorian tiles for restoration it is perfect and that is a skilled craft not diy.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Sorry TFS since we are a pro outfit and we have used this saw on Grade one listed buildings both here and abroad have to disagree with you it is not just a diy tool.

for cutting out Victorian tiles for restoration it is perfect and that is a skilled craft not diy.

Steve (Tenchman) is probably one of the most highly skilled pofessionals in the game. He recommended this saw to me, and that is good enough for this humble tiler:thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

I can only speak regarding floor tiles. You run the saw through the centre of the grout and then it's quite easy to rake the rest out.

Reply to Exakt saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22