Discuss Electric Tile Cutter Vs Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jaimie Tiling

Electric tile cutter vs Manual tile cutter. What's the best cutter for professional tilers?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can only use a grinder outside.....what if it's raining...still get wet and electrocuted...lol

I use both....should imagine every tiler dose.....would take ages cutting every tile on a wet cutter.....straight cuts manual cutter...L shape cuts wet cutter or grinder.

T

Time's Ran Out

I saw carpenter ;)

Before these manual/electric cutters it was a pin hammer and cutting chisel.
You'd score the front with the hammer and chisel then tap the back along the line with the hammer. Back edge the sides to mitre. Those were the days ...
Used to get up at 4 and cycle 30 miles to the site, break the ice off the soaking drum and get your tiles, lay 10 yards of quarries onto a sand/ cement bed and rub the grout off with sawdust. Then 30 miles back home to a cup of tea and slice of Hovis!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This one of your jobs John...
20160408_191550.png

Lol

I

Italy

[Quote = "Andy Allen, posta: 810.016, membro: 19139"] Questo uno dei tuoi lavori John ...
[ATTACH = completa] 80966 [/ attach]
Lol [/ quote]
nooooo.
quelli che sono più vecchio.
Ho visto un documentario in TV.
Non mi ricordo i loro nomi.
perhaps jjj senza tempo (written in Italian) lol

J

Just Rizzle

rubi 180 best tool I have used it to day in doors with hover attatched no dust to cut down gulfstone work top.
wouldn't have a wet cutter given too much hassel and walking round like youve p I ssed your self

Reply to Electric Tile Cutter Vs Manual Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks