Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Efflorescence in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
i leave it for about 20-25 mins before washing off ,alot depends on temp of room , scotch pad if its stubborn to wash off

S

siremastimus

Ive got a similar problem to as described above, with grey grout too. I thought I was quite careful with not leaving too much water on the sponge but maybe I didnt leave the grout long enough to dry. I have sponged with excess water and will leave to dry to see if this improves it. I see people also say cleaning the joints with a scotch pad and solution, would

Cement,Mortar and Efflorescence Remover (HG Limex)

Be a good product to use, and silly question but where do I get the scotch pads people refer to? Is it a case of applying the above solution to the pad and scrubbing into the grout? Thanks

S

siremastimus

Can anyone recommend a good product to fix this, I tried

Cement,Mortar and Efflorescence Remover (HG Limex)

With white scotch pad but it didnt make any real difference?

Thanks

L

Lukass

I would use Mapei Keranet to clean it and next time use Mapei grout for a hassle free grouting.

S

siremastimus

When I wet the grout it looks great and uniform grey, is there a grout sealant that would give this effect permanantly, just a thought if anyone knows?

Thanks

Reply to Efflorescence in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks