Search the forum,

Discuss Dry treat sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

Has anyone used this product before?
I used it the other day on limestone it was supplied by the company that supplied the tiles.
I gave it one coat before grouting, and it soaked in strait away when i was grouting and washing down etc the water that came into contact with the tiles seemed to be rolling around the tiles. it was quite peculiar haven't seen it act this way before it was as if it was danceing on the tiles, It certainly seemed as if it had made the tiles waterproof.

after grout had dried and was buffed up gave it another coat of dry treat. it diddnt really want to soak in it was as if it diddnt need it again.
well it got it any way but it certainly seems as if it does exactly what it says on the tin.

anyone else used it?
heres the link for you to have a look.
World Leading Impregnating sealers - Stone Sealer, Tile and Paving Sealer, Concrete and Grout Sealer

W

White Room

Seen it and they claim it has a 15 gurantee if used by one of their registered trained operatives

T

Terry Cottar

Has anyone used this product before?
I used it the other day on limestone it was supplied by the company that supplied the tiles.
I gave it one coat before grouting, and it soaked in strait away when i was grouting and washing down etc the water that came into contact with the tiles seemed to be rolling around the tiles. it was quite peculiar haven't seen it act this way before it was as if it was danceing on the tiles, It certainly seemed as if it had made the tiles waterproof.

after grout had dried and was buffed up gave it another coat of dry treat. it diddnt really want to soak in it was as if it diddnt need it again.
well it got it any way but it certainly seems as if it does exactly what it says on the tin.

anyone else used it?
heres the link for you to have a look.
World Leading Impregnating sealers - Stone Sealer, Tile and Paving Sealer, Concrete and Grout Sealer

A big claim guaranteeing it for 15 years! It is also very expensive and it stinks.

tel

T

Terry Cottar

Aqua mix state the same .? on certain sealers of thiers.

Good point Dave!!!

Aqua Mix state

Expected Wear: "Will depend on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency and type of maintenance products used. The expected wear is up to 15 years. Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods and high alkaline, acidic or solvent based cleaners will affect wear."

At no point do they Guarantee 15 years but Dry Traeat do.

tel

P

peckers

I think it is quite cheap, as when you have used it you can fly anywhere without a plane :lol: even with all the windows open the smell does linger for a while, I wouldn't like to have to use it in an unventilated area with out aqualung equipment, and it certainly makes you thirsty.
I was once told that if its potent and nasty to use it should be good at what it does!
But there is a limit and this stuff is write on the border line when it comes to potency of smell.
But then i guess you are paying for the 15 yr gaurantee(if you been trained by them)

D

DavidC1976

The 15 Year Warranty is on types of stone in all areas of application...even on a commercial floor like a shopping centre or Hotel. It also applies to stone being used externally!

Hope this helps

W

wall2floortilin

Hi all, im a licenced installer of the dry treat system, if you ever want any advice on the different types of situation and or treatments for different tile just drop me a line.
just a bit about it- one of you says it sticks- this is stain proof which has an odur, caution please, it contain 100% proof alchohol and in confined spaces can really take your breath away. meta creme has no odur and only requires 1 coat.

next it grows!! although it will start protecting after 6 hrs it can take 4 weeks to become fully active- it penetrates upto 7mm so lets say you have treated polished porcelaine before you lay you wouldnt need to treat it again as it will infect the grout providing that the grout line is no larger than 7mm. as for the warranty i would argue that dry treat originally offered a 25yr warranty but the u.s said no chance. dry treat said that this wasnt optomistic its a fact but conceided to 15 yrs to apise the U.S. hope this all help

A

aliprid

Hi wondering if you could give me some advice on meta creme, i have used it on natrual slate that is rivened and has alot of iorn staining , some are smooth some are courser . I have pre sealed with ole repelar , grouted washed till clean. I have applied the meta creme left for 1 to 2 hours to dry back then buffed off the excess. Went back 2 day and although some of the slate looked good some looked patchy , so i rebuffed with a dry cloth this made them a little better . Is this usal or i doing somthing wrong

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It can discolour/darken tiles/grout but it will return to it's natural colour in time. The whole process for metacreme takes about 3-4 weeks for it to be in its fully working state i.e. penetrate to a depth of approx 6-7mm.

P

paulmoss

i have used meta creme on white limestone and it turned it cream, please beware of this product.

Reply to Dry treat sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen