Search the forum,

Discuss do any other tilers do this in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Evening all

More a watcher than a poster, but, I priced a job up for 37 metres on the electric matting, which include slc and schlutter, but was told today that the tile supplier can get a tiler that will tile straight on to the wires and without schlutter!! Can't believe anyone would do this over such a big area, wouldn't do it over a metre let alone 37 of large format porcelain

H

hmtiling

If there's thermal boards and a solid floor, then i'd have no qualms about tiling straight on it

J

J Sid

two mat zones and expansion joint between them, make sure no movement in ply part and I probably wouldn't ditra

R

Rookery

I too always slc over ufh cables on insulation board and wouldn't normally uncouple if fixing porcelain.

Reply to do any other tilers do this in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen