Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss do any other tilers do this in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Evening all

More a watcher than a poster, but, I priced a job up for 37 metres on the electric matting, which include slc and schlutter, but was told today that the tile supplier can get a tiler that will tile straight on to the wires and without schlutter!! Can't believe anyone would do this over such a big area, wouldn't do it over a metre let alone 37 of large format porcelain

H

hmtiling

If there's thermal boards and a solid floor, then i'd have no qualms about tiling straight on it

J

J Sid

two mat zones and expansion joint between them, make sure no movement in ply part and I probably wouldn't ditra

R

Rookery

I too always slc over ufh cables on insulation board and wouldn't normally uncouple if fixing porcelain.

D

Dumbo

On previous conversations I've had with schluter they like at least 3mm between ufh wires and ditra . Dural not so fussed

O

One Day

If i was to use heat mats, which i don't since devi went and killed that bit of the market, i wouldn't usually use a membrane. I see the mat fibres give a softening effect to any lateral stresses. I'd always use slc though. I think fixing direct to cables is crazy, but onto mats you're bound to be leaving loads of air pockets.
I know, i know - it can be done and manufacturers will agree, but i personally wouldn't.

D

Dumbo

If i was to use heat mats, which i don't since devi went and killed that bit of the market, i wouldn't usually use a membrane. I see the mat fibres give a softening effect to any lateral stresses. I'd always use slc though. I think fixing direct to cables is crazy, but onto mats you're bound to be leaving loads of air pockets.
I know, i know - it can be done and manufacturers will agree, but i personally wouldn't.
Getting back to a previous thread air pockets around cable can equal burnt out mat at this point and because of air pockets this is tilers fault for cause of failure according to thermonet. Don't understand why you don't use heat mats please explain wish I didn't have to . Also agree I'm sure there is so added strength due to mesh

Reply to do any other tilers do this in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks