Search the forum,

Discuss Diy'ers...dont turn down free advice... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Del W

TF
Arms
Reaction score
About a year ago a friend of mine was coming to the end of his new build house.
He asks me to take a look & give him a quote for the tiling he wants doing.
Gave him mates rates for labour,my full materials discount etc.
A while later he says the moneys running out & hes going to do it all himself.
Couple of bathroom floor & walls,kitchen floor & walls,lounge,hallway & w/c.
Not a problem I say.

I also say
"Before you start anything give me a shout & Ill run you though the prep work & what materials to use"

He didnt get in touch. Saw him a while later & he said what a load of hard work it was,and didnt realise how much effort goes into tiling, "I wish I had got you to do it now" he says.

We were working on the same job this week & he tells me tiles are falling off his bathroom walls.

He used ply,pva & ready mixed adhesive in the wet area.
Now hes worried about all the other tiling hes done !

T

Time's Ran Out

I'd just ignore the concerns (cause I'am like that and I have no friends!). Let him worry alone , he would rather spend his money on other things rather then get the job done right .

STEVO

TF
Reaction score
Such a shame when that happens, especially when as a pal of yours it would of been so easy just to get you over for your advice as you offered. But not a lot you can say is there apart from "told you...."
His mrs probablly blew the budget on ridiculous expensive wallpaper, lighting and OTT kitchen stuff, not to mention the cinema size flat screen tv's etc...

Reply to Diy'ers...dont turn down free advice... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen