Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Decoupling Blah blah blah in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Ditra mat. What do people think ? Its been around a long time. Some of you were not even tiling
when it came out. Is it better than the rest? Is it a good price? Is it any good ?I have put this on the other page

O

One Day

I have total confidence in Ditra. Not so much with others that I know have had problems in the past.
I have seen test videos which show just how much "give" there is in Ditra, and yet the tile/stone remains locked into the dovetails.
So for me, it's always the best option.
It's much more than a crack-mat, and I am yet to be convinced that unbonded mats (like BAL's new/old offering) are the best solution.

W

WetSaw

I've fitted Ditra heat a few times and it's good and easy. Don't try lifting it the day after you've laid it and think "it's not stuck!" , leave it to set properly and it's fine.

OP
S

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have used ditra in the past . I like it but it's expensive . I use dural ci matting purchased direct from dural , you don't need to spend thousands with them to open an account . They also do the heat carrier mat on its own so you can use whatever cable you like .
I called them once opened an account and the price was really good

D

Dumbo

I have used ditra in the past . I like it but it's expensive . I use dural ci matting purchased direct from dural , you don't need to spend thousands with them to open an account . They also do the heat carrier mat on its own so you can use whatever cable you like .
@callatiler I am i missing something or am I funnier than I realise

Q

Qwerty

I think that will be the case for them all - only time i have heard of failures in other products is when the Dural mat was manufactured wrong.

Search the forum, other groups and the internet and you will find other membranes have far more user issues/ gripes than Schluter. It out performs the competition with ease. I begrudgingly use a thin membrane if height is an issue.

Reply to Decoupling Blah blah blah in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock