Discuss Decoupling Blah blah blah in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Simon Dale

Professional Tiler
Ditra mat. What do people think ? Its been around a long time. Some of you were not even tiling
when it came out. Is it better than the rest? Is it a good price? Is it any good ?I have put this on the other page

impish

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
I have total confidence in Ditra. Not so much with others that I know have had problems in the past.
I have seen test videos which show just how much "give" there is in Ditra, and yet the tile/stone remains locked into the dovetails.
So for me, it's always the best option.
It's much more than a crack-mat, and I am yet to be convinced that unbonded mats (like BAL's new/old offering) are the best solution.

pdc

Only a Handyman...
Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
I've fitted Ditra heat a few times and it's good and easy. Don't try lifting it the day after you've laid it and think "it's not stuck!" , leave it to set properly and it's fine.

jcrtiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
TTA Member
I have used ditra in the past . I like it but it's expensive . I use dural ci matting purchased direct from dural , you don't need to spend thousands with them to open an account . They also do the heat carrier mat on its own so you can use whatever cable you like .

OP
Simon Dale

Simon Dale

Professional Tiler
I have used ditra in the past . I like it but it's expensive . I use dural ci matting purchased direct from dural , you don't need to spend thousands with them to open an account . They also do the heat carrier mat on its own so you can use whatever cable you like .
I called them once opened an account and the price was really good

jcrtiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
TTA Member
@callatiler I am i missing something or am I funnier than I realise