Discuss Cutting advise for 38mm Yorkstone in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to ask for some advice please as to best option for cutting 38mm Buff Yorkstone steps and slabs.

I will be cutting 1500mm steps length ways for the risers along with 600x600 slabs.

I was looking at hiring a Flex CS60 with rails but not sure if that will do the job or if there is a better option, I would like to make as least mess as possible if there such a option, also there isn’t much space on site.

Many thanks in advance!

These are the steps:
Buff Yorkstone steps

Reaction score
If its a one off job , hire a sthil saw.
Hi, thanks for the reply, we do have one but am concerned won’t be able to get that straight cuts along the steps as they are 130cm long hence I thought having a guide rail with the Flex saw would be a better option?

Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply, we do have one but am concerned won’t be able to get that straight cuts along the steps as they are 130cm long hence I thought having a guide rail with the Flex saw would be a better option?

Thanks
Cuts edges would go to the back. Or are both edges on show. ?

Do you have any pics of your project?

Reaction score
Cuts edges would go to the back. Or are both edges on show. ?

Do you have any pics of your project?
Hi, back and one side are covered but right side will be visible.

Thanks

Attachments

• C414E10C-735A-47CB-AAE6-27E94AFDF3F5.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2EACB445-6B4B-477F-9F22-976FF5E52D5C.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1A7DD4C3-965F-48EB-A625-BD329B088875.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 58322E72-138F-4BB0-8249-7FF07E28802C.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
What’s your intentions with the handrail?

Ok i see its more bespoke work entailed. A rail saw and diamond pads required
Hi, planning to remove the rail and modify it with help of a welder to make attached on the side of the stairway as don’t want to make holes in the steps.
Thanks

Reply to Cutting advise for 38mm Yorkstone in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks