Search the forum,

Discuss Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Phil, Phil, Phil. DO NOT let her get away with this. You MUST invoice her and pursue this to it's end. I would guarantee that she has done this before and will continue to do so if you walk away. Many more may suffer, why should you not get paid for it. She wouldn't go to work and not get paid for it.

Don't forget Phil, we freely throw advice to Joe Public and tell them to pursue cowboy builders to recompense them for poor/bad workmanship. You've done everything right and you should be paid.

Why not go to CAB and get some free advice, trading standards with your photos and ask them if they think your work is shoddy and your mitres poor.

Please think about this Phil before just writing it off as a bad debt.

Good luck mate!!!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

don't forget, our long standing member Oli had a very similar issue with a customer of his going back some years. Oli wrote a whole thread about it, about what action to take, legal support, small claims court etc. Oli won his case and received the payments he was due plus a little bit more. it was worth it.

Thanks Liz, I really appreciate all your help, you are good people, honest hard working people.

I would feel so alone without you guys and gals, I will try to get over this, but it may see me off.

W

White Room

I'd hate to think you would think about this Phil even though this has given you some severe stress, as we get older we seem think we know (with experiance) the customers were working for but were all fallible to these cretins...there a breed of their own.

This is a lesson to learnt by all.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pebbs

Phil, I am sorry that I havent put my 2 penny worth of opinion in, but I have my own nightmare going on right now on a big contract. So yes I am with you on the sleepless nights part. Phil you know me, and I tell it straight. You cant let this drop, and I'll tell you why, because if she does it to one person, she will do it to the next. Sometimes you have to stand up to these type of spoilt little up themselves non entities. You have to take this on the chin and go for the jugular, do not take this lying down. Draft the letter up and send it recorded post, do not get into the nitty picky parts put it down factually, as you may need to revert back to that letter if it goes down the legal route.

Keep your chin up and retain your dignity at all times, do not give into this manipulating bully.

Lynn

S

steve187

send the invoice and any follow ups, by recorded delivery and put the bar coded/ proof of posting part on a piece of paper, with a copy of the invoice/letter and date and sign it, as '' this is a true copy of the invoice/letter sent to ............., by recorded delivery on ( insert date) proof of sending is attached'' send a chase up after 7 days with a pay before date included, and put '' court proceeding will be commenced on ( put the next day after the pay before date) ''

good luck there are people out there that never intend to pay.

Reply to Customer From Hell in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen