Search the forum,

Discuss CSCS card in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

thevinnyofoz

Hello,

Im wanting to take a course in tiling but im pretty serious about making it a career change when the trade is back on it's feet, so my question is.... what qualifications are needed in order to be allowed the CSCS card and get on site ?
:8:

R

RockCeramics

There are no need for any qualifications for any CSCS health and safety cards i suggest though that you book an operatives test and make sure you purchase there question & answers booklet. the test takes about 1/2 hr once you pass you will get a test certificate but you will need to purchase the card approx £20 +photo(some sites allow you to enter with just the paper /letter so i would purchase card as well "no card no pay" they say.

D

david campbell

pretty sure you can't get on a siteafter this year without an nvq level 3!:thumbsup:
welcome to the forum!

P

Perry

pretty sure you can't get on a siteafter this year without an nvq level 3!:thumbsup:
welcome to the forum!
i will have to give up then as i ain't got nowt except cscs card for an operative but they do say after 2010 you need to have a NVQ2 i am being assessed on site but he keeps vanishing lol :pete

K

kngjason

the health & saftey test will get you the CSCS card to get you on site. If yer wanna work as a tiler you will have to be qualified with in two years of getting your card. i was told if you have evidence that you working towards the NVQ they issue you with a blue card for an experienced worker. once you have an NVQ lvl2 you get a blue card for a skilled worker. you get a gold card for NVQ lvl 3
CSCS Skill Cards UK

hope this helps
This is only if you wanna do site work

oh p.s
if you have been experienced for 5 or more years the NVQ 2 should be free, just a day's assesment

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Hi,
So what about 35years tile experience, i don't mind the health and safety bit, but i'am too old to go back to college!
Anyway its too cold on sites.:thumbsup:
John.

K

kngjason

john, you will probably get a free days's assesment to get your nvq 2. i went to bal and did mine took about 4hrs.
now there are some stipulations regarding how you get it free.

if you interested just pm me and i will give you the low down

P

Perry

Hi,
So what about 35years tile experience, i don't mind the health and safety bit, but i'am too old to go back to college!
Anyway its too cold on sites.:thumbsup:
John.
he he John far to old for a nvq mate you will have to come and work with me mate but we may have to show em how to do it lol

Reply to CSCS card in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post here on the forum. Thanks for reading! I have an application for 1"...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part! Based...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen