Search the forum,

Discuss Cracked tiles on wodden floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean SML Tiling

I have a small bathroom floor coming up and after viewing the job only 3 tiles were cracked but they were all next to each other. directly under the floor boards there is a supporting wall would that make any difference? would using a 2 part flexible adhesive make much difference or is it best to use a thicker floor board?

W

White Room

Were the tiles fixed directly to the floorboards and the supporting wall could be an issue.....

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sean SML Tiling

its a 3yr old barratt house so I believe they use kaberdeck which is an interlocking floor board. I cant see a new build using non flexi but its strange why only 3 have broke in the same place. would adding noggins and maybe a thicker board with a 2 part flexi do the job

S

Sean SML Tiling

I haven't ripped them up yet but my dad works for them and he said they would tile directly onto them.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
its a 3yr old barratt house so I believe they use kaberdeck which is an interlocking floor board. I cant see a new build using non flexi but its strange why only 3 have broke in the same place. would adding noggins and maybe a thicker board with a 2 part flexi do the job

I would believe anything of Barratt. A mate of mine was working for them tiling bathroom floors with tubbed adhesive at some new apartments in Leeds. He was struggling for work and couldn't turn it down.

D

Dougs Third Go

the supporting wall is making all the difference imo, the tiles are tenting on this point I'd bet, thus breaking their backs.

L

lizzardtong

if its 3yr old and there is supporting wall under the floor i think that footings are setteling thats why tiles cracked its all down to the foundation of the building.

A

AMtek

And people buy new builds because they won't have to do any work on them for years...............

S

SJPurdy

Movement joints are required over supporting walls - British Standards recommendation.

Reply to Cracked tiles on wodden floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen