Search the forum,

Discuss Concrete leveling issue in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Cat213

-
Reaction score
Help! New DIYer here - I’m preparing my bathroom floor to lay ceramic tile. Removed the vinyl flooring to reveal cement which needed leveling. I was planning on first priming the concrete, pouring concrete leveler, pouring Mapai aqua defense crack isolation membrane, then tiling.

However i apparently forgot my plan (doing this late at night) and poured the crack isolation membrane directly to the concrete subfloor prior to concrete leveling instead of the dedicated concrete leveler.

How much trouble am I in? Will this cause any issues? Can I continue to move forward with the leveler?

Might be helpful to know my house is on a concrete slab and in Florida (humid).

Thanks!!

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Remove the Mapei slurry kit then reprime if needed, follow up with the leveling. I would use uncoupling membrane Ditra Matting or DURALDurabase CI++etc. instead of Mapei slurry kit.

IMG_20231007_120928.jpg
IMG_20231007_120937.jpg

Reply to Concrete leveling issue in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen