Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Cement board installation in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Surely for that to have become BS, BS would have had to test every 6mm cement board available and concluded they were useless... Anybody from BAL we can tag on here? ...and if not, why not?
You don't want bal on here because all you will hear is their propaganda like telling everyone they've invented a loose lay Matt when its been around for years and all of sudden bs comes to the conclusion you can't use ply on walls just as bal bring out a tile board which actually gets mentioned in the standards .

P

Perry

I myself have never used 6 mm cement boards on a timber floor. Always used 10 mm Delta type board for as long as I can remember.

W

Waluigi

I only use the foam if I’ve got UFH or a wet room. For years I used 12mm Aquapanel, starting from the early 90’s. The 6mm Aquapanel wasn’t available then. Now it’s Hardiebacker, often as low as 6mm.

Oh and of course I used ply too. Back when even the WBP from Wickes was great quality stuff.

S

Spare Tool

Regardless of peoples preferences to overboarding floors to state its now BS to use minimum 10mm cement board needs backing up IMO, Ive emailed BAL and await a response..

B

Blunt Tool

ECD20376-AF0C-450D-B700-F7A8BD579985.jpeg 10mm Jackoboard from CTD glued and screwed every time :thumbsup:

D

Dumbo

Regardless of peoples preferences to overboarding floors to state its now BS to use minimum 10mm cement board needs backing up IMO, Ive emailed BAL and await a response..
Being a cynical I would want them to quote chapter and verse of bs and not just their interpretation .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don’t think ive ever used 10mm or thicker boards on floors , always used 6mm hardie or the like, as that what the manufacturers have always said......... but ofcoarse most manufacturers are like politicians, can’t stick to anything and just wanna make as much money as possible by robbing us blind

O

One Day

I reckon all that they'll do Andy is quote the BS excerpt.
Common sense only really applies to us now. Businesses and industry are totally sales driven so it's no great surprise that industry "standards" are also sales driven and biased.

Use what you know works.

O

One Day

Don’t think ive ever used 10mm or thicker boards on floors , always used 6mm hardie or the like, as that what the manufacturers have always said......... but ofcoarse most manufacturers are like politicians, can’t stick to anything and just wanna make as much money as possible by robbing us blind

What he said...

J

J Sid

anyone do site work? I'm told no tanking and green star for 600x300 porcelain on walls.
BS doesn't apply to new houses it seems.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I do a little exclusive site in chatburn , no mention of tanking in any of the 3 bathrooms or matting on the heated screeds .
Next one is being sold for nearly 800 grand i think

Reply to Cement board installation in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks