Discuss Can I Use Tilemaster Anti Fracture Matting Over A Ply Sub Base in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lmkitchens

I'm fitting a walk in shower this week and it is the first i've done!

I'm read up and taken in all of the information on here i hope. I've pulled the existing sub floor up to install the drains and move pipe work and for ease I was going to ply and over board with PCS boards.

The former tray is 20mm so if it would all work I could potentially use TM anti fracture matting to decouple the ply and not have to build the former up another 6mm.

If I'm ok to do this can I tank the matting, I assume I can?

I can always speak to Tile master tomorrow to discuss.

Thanks guys, Luke

O

Old Mod

If you're overboarding ply with backer boards and tanking there's no need for crack mat as far as I can see.
What's floor covering?
What thickness ply and boards are u using Luke?

L

lmkitchens

Sorry, Can I use the matting instead of the over board in backer boards.

It will reduce my height build up and make life simpler if I can!

L

lmkitchens

18mm ply onto joists, nogged out etc.

The floor area is roughly 1.8 x 1.3 upto the former tray.

Joists are 9 x 2's and deflection free

L

lmkitchens

I had, but no one around here holds it.

If I had thought about it earlier I would have seen if I could locate some!

J

J Sid

So you are plying the floor, seal backs and sides.
20mm former, covered foam insulation board? I use alot, then 20mm insulation boards over rest of floor, same make as former.
Tank joints, edges etc then tile.
Ufh ?

L

lmkitchens

I'm building a 18mm ply base level with the joists for the former - Yes a cement cover foam core tray.

I hoped to then ply the rest of the floor sealed on back and sides as mentioned above ^^

So that would leave my ply 2mm lower than the tray in theory

Lay TM anti fracture matt over the ply, maybe run into the former a few inches?

Tank all joins, tray, wall etc.

No UFH
50mm mosiacs in the former
300 x 600 porc on the rest of the walls and floor
Walls are tanked PB so weight isn't an issue

Is this ok to do?

J

J Sid

I would be worried about the ply / former joint. Being different materials, and one being ply there could be excessive movement which a crack mate may not handle, last thing you want in a wet area is possible cracks, even years down the line.

J

J Sid

Think from what you say, 12mm ply if you must but 12mm HardieBacker sounds better and a 10mm sheet of the same make as former. Then tape and tank joints. Bed former down 2mm higher
Same level then

L

lmkitchens

Could I build my sub base for the tray former 6mm higher than joist level and fit the former

Ply over joists in the rest of the area and over board with 6mm PCS boards

This will make them level and meet with the same substrate.

Tank & tile

C

Colour Republic

haha just said the same elsewhere EL.

that would be my choice.

where is the former from?

Reply to Can I Use Tilemaster Anti Fracture Matting Over A Ply Sub Base in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22