Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Business Cards or Flyers? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jlktiling

Hi guys,

I know that most of you have business cards to promote your business on notice boards etc, but do any of you use flyers?

If you do, to what success?

I have put up a few cards around the area, but was thinking of printing up some flyers.

John

A

AMtek

When i started up i made some A4 posters with little strips at the bottom to tear off with my phone number on it. I went round all the shops, post offices, petrol garages etc and had 50 put up. I think i got 4 jobs over a few months so not a massive sucess but it only took me a day to do it and a few quid on paper and ink so the return on the investment was still worth it. I would have only been sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring if i hadn't done it

B

Bubblecraft

I have an box of A5 glossy leaflets for doing a drop when I'm quiet....still a full box!

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not trying to be negative bout flyers but i delivered hundreds and dont think i had one call off them.ive a couple of banners up round town and ive had work off them :smilewinkgrin:

J

jlktiling

Not trying to be negative bout flyers but i delivered hundreds and dont think i had one call off them.ive a couple of banners up round town and ive had work off them :smilewinkgrin:

Where did you place the banners?

B

Bubblecraft

The look, layout & information of a leaflet are crucial. A good leaflet that will make a customer look at your website is the most important thing. Let the website sell you from there. There's only so much info you should put on a leaflet. Too much is too busy & will put someone off. To little makes it look cheap. It's all about balance.

Never had to do a leaflet drop but they are there if I ever need to do one.

They area you hit as well makes a huge difference. I could guarantee I would get 1 out of every 100 dropped minimum with going with all the guidelines above.

C

charlie1

Gus, your not wrong, i don't a card drop once in a very wealthy area, must have done around 100 houses but instead of just putting them through the letter box, i strategically placed it on there door matt , right bang on centre.... Got one phone call, got the job worth 800 quid.

J

jonnyc

I have just had quite a nice flyer made and delivered round selected roads in fulham/ Chelsea, delivered 500 and not one nibble,
Too early to judge but even the the printer said I was wsting my time!
As Dpf says better to do your web site and optimise
My website has been up and running only a few weeks but am learning loads from google analytics already,
it seems that some of what i thought would appeal has no interest to the clientele I seek.

R

Rookery

I tried leaflets a few years ago, nicely designed & printed but a waste of time and money. Apart from recommends etc, I find my website and sign written van bring in enquiries.

J

jlktiling

I can design the flyer, I used to be in graphic design, an printing will cost next to nothing.....
I still think its worth a shot.

G

Gazzer

I tried the same but the jobs I got ( which were only 2 small repairs) probably didnt even cover the cost of show leather.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just a thought.....what do you do with a leaflet that lands on your doorstep...?

ours go stright in the bin...lol

D

DHTiling

I tried leaflets a few years ago, nicely designed & printed but a waste of time and money. Apart from recommends etc, I find my website and sign written van bring in enquiries.

I am with you.. my sign written van gets noticed all around town and local towns as well... then the website , i good looking website that is easy to navigate and says it all, does work..

Reply to Business Cards or Flyers? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks