Search the forum,

Discuss building out or repairing walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

If building out walls or repairing them for tiling ,what do most of you use for doing this?Iknow it depends how bad the walls are and that some would need re sheeted.I have been using builders rapidset and all jobs have been fine,just want to know what you all use.....Bri

F

faithhealer

After putting up with some really poor walls I use the 'get a plasterer in' option a bit more these days. Always put in my quotes, includes 'minor' repairs (filling a few holes in with rapid set!) Most of my quotes are done when the existing tiles are still on so I try to cover my back where ever possible.
Did have to build (my first ever) stud wall though when I was replacing a bath with a shower, found the wall below the bath was the roughest stone wall I have ever seen!

A

ashtray

ardex AM100 rapid setting cement reander can tile onto in just 2 hours from 2mm to about 20mm thick great stuff, use it all the time, but if doing full walls then get a plaster its quicker and eaiser just tell him not to polish the plaster

P

pjtiler

if its really bad i tend to dryline the whole room its quicker and cheaper in the long run

D

DHTiling

If it is bad then i use either a plasterer or i have it dry lined..either by me or my bro who tends to fit most of the bathrooms etc i do....
If just patching or making good hollows etc then i use a patch up plaster( rapid setting)......

Reply to building out or repairing walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen