Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best Porcelain Blade for a DeWalt? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Peter

DNA/Sigma squiggle blades are the best I have used. Expensive but worth it. I usually just run them dry on stone.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've got a DNA blade and had it in about 18 months now, bought it for when I did my own bathroom. Pricey but still going strong.

J

jonnyc

Does anyone do a continuous rim 350mm.
i have been trying to find one for the Turkish marble I am trying to cut with no chipping

C

Concrete guy

Does anyone do a continuous rim 350mm.
i have been trying to find one for the Turkish marble I am trying to cut with no chipping

You can get 350mm marble blades from all the usual suspects but most will come with a 50/60mm bore for bridge saws.

If the marble is particularly delicate then electroplated con rim blades are available.

DK Holdings will run you up something specific at short notice.

O

One Day

I have used the Dewalt premium and the "inverted A" from Diatech.
The Dewalt cuts better and cleaner but the Diatech blade is faster.
The best blade I've ever used on it was nicked off a demo Tyrolit Hydrostress which I trialled a year or two back.

P

Pebbs

So far we have tried the dewalt porcelain, and the TIGR Diamond Blade, and still chipped edges on the tiles. Im tearing my hair out now, as these tiles are a nightmare and theres a lot of cuts to do on this contract. I have to get a grip on this now, or we will be throwing more in the bin than are going up on the walls.

Pebbs

O

One Day

So far we have tried the dewalt porcelain, and the TIGR Diamond Blade, and still chipped edges on the tiles. Im tearing my hair out now, as these tiles are a nightmare and theres a lot of cuts to do on this contract. I have to get a grip on this now, or we will be throwing more in the bin than are going up on the walls.

Pebbs

Have you got a wobble on the blade maybe?
How do you cut? I find that passing the blade over the tile/stone lightly once or twice BEFORE pushing the piece right through gives me a cleaner cut.
Whazzing the piece through in one go just doesn't feel right.
(if that's what you're doing?)

P

Pebbs

Impish Im sure its not a wobble on the blade, theres two of these machines on site, and on both the tiles have chipped. I thought the lads where whizzing through the tile to fast as they are on price, but we did a few test cuts and the same again...more chips than a chippy on a Friday night.

Pebbs

C

charlie1

Same as impish, make a few light 1mm passes until about 1 quarter the way through before you commit to the full cut, I go extremely light with my first pass almost like I'm drawing a line on the tile with the blade. hope this helps.

Reply to Best Porcelain Blade for a DeWalt? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks