Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best Adhesive and Grout for Victorian Floor Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

markyo

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice....
About to start on an ambitious tiling project, and want to know the best adhesive and grout for the job.

Looking to put back a replica Victorian tiled floor on the entrance to my Victorian terrace. The previous owner tore the original up in the '80s and replaced with concrete patio slabs (travesty!).

The path is 3m long, 1m wide (external). I want to do a proper job here that will hopefully out last my lifetime. I've laid a thick concrete base with sand/cement screed lid. Tiles have been chosen (Olde English - fully vitrified www.oldeenglishtiles.co.uk). All I need now is the best adhesive and grout for the job.
It seems that BAL and Ardex are the leaders (is this correct)?? But their web sites seem like a minefield ! Cannot seem to decipher which of their products will best fit this job.

I've done lots of DIY tiling projects in the past, and realise this one is going to be a real challenge !! So I want to take my time to get it right so want to stay well clear of a rapid set. Grout needs to be grey and 1mm thick but nothing seems appropriate.

Any advice appreciated! :thumbsup:

Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

Markyo - Could have been sure I answered this yesterday, but must have forgotten to click the submit button - an age thing!

Victorian outside path - very nice! :thumbsup:
IMO.
Adhesive : Ardurit X7 by Ardex - Not a fastset so keep people off 24 hrs.
Grout : Ardurit C2 Grey by Ardex - mix slightly fluid so goes down your 1/2mm wide but 8/10mm deep joint.

Bal do have equivalent of both.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bal equivalent i suppose would be Gold Star, Personally I would pay a little extra for Single Part Flexible.
One other tip.... Pick a cloudy day, It will give your adhesive a bit longer open time!

H

hillhead

I'd make sure to paste the back of each tile too just to help adhesion.good luck with the job.should be lovely.

Reply to Best Adhesive and Grout for Victorian Floor Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks