Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom floor grout cracking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

plumber was going on holiday and client wanted it finished by that day, did what we could in the situation we were in. Not ideal, but done now.

pete f

TF
Arms
Reaction score
it will definately crack again because ther is movement in the floor the tiles will stick to the ply but the grout will fail

S

Sean fsy

im sure your plumber mate is bothered about his actions while he is sunning it up on the beach. i think you were in the wrong allowing him to go in there to complete the work. at a guess i would say that the plumber had let you down and came at his convenience thus the job running late. lesson learnt i think that work, mates just dont work.

W

White Room

Sean have you introduced yourself in the new members section, do so you sound quite a personality

D

Daz

If some of the tiles had not bonded correctly, then they will continue to fail. You can re-grout with flexi grout, you can add more and more admix but they will still fail.

Lift and refix before re-grouting.

Good luck.

B

bluevin123

Thanks Captain, I know all about what the others said about plumber came to early,but I really wanted to know if it will crack again,which you have just answered.
Thanks.
Vinnie.:thumbsup:

Reply to bathroom floor grout cracking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen