Search the forum,

Discuss any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparkle333

hi

ive just found this site trawling internet for advice re a tiling job im having done at the moment. ive noticed a few mistakes I wasn't happy with, but my ex came round today whos in building trade and works with tilers to tell me there are quite a lot of problems and the job is very poor. the job was to tile my bathroom walls and floor, its about 3/4 way done so far. ive tried to communicate with this tiler, but im getting blamed for all the errors and getting no where, shes not been and looked at her mistakes but ive explained them all by email and sent loads of photos.

list of problems I can see so far

1 lots of tiles are not level all over the walls, shes blaming the wall being badly out, shes a plasterer too so should have told me before she started and didn't

2 some of the borders have sunk in more than others and 1 is protruding out

3 2 tiles on the wall have chips at edges, shes told me that I have done this after shes laid, total rubbish as they are grouted in

4 1 tile under sill isn't full height so when edging goes on it will show

5 the window wall shes not followed the brick pattern on other walls so therefore the line doesn't match where shes done the brick affect by about 2 ins out, she started off doing 1 brick then another centre on top, but on this wall shes done 3/4 not central on 2 rows then gone central again.

6 shes got little cuts at edges of the wall and on the top, been told she should have started in the centre and worked out to avoid silly cuts

7 2 floor tiles have cracked on the edge walkin on them, both haven't been left at edge with no adhesive so therefore nothing under them to support them, shes replied sayin ive caused excessive misuse of her tiling, cheeky woman

8 shes not removed some adhesive and grouted over with adhesive showing in some areas

9 if you use a laser level the border is 2 ins out from one wall round the the last

10 shes blaming the quality of tiles and materials for a lot of the prbs, the tiles were 32.75 a sq m and I bought bal grout and adhesive so got gd quality items

I just don't know what to do now, some tiles have got to be removed and I don't have any spare ones, im worried if she takes up these 2 floor tiles shes going to damage my underfloor heating too. shes asked me to pay her £200 upfront before shes prepared to come back, ive been told not to pay anything til job is completed and underfloor heating checked, this is really upsetting and stressing me out, shes being very difficult to deal and is accepting no responsibility at all. not sure how to add any pics on here I have taken plenty any advice would be appreciated thanks

G

Gazzer

You can upload photos here or link to another site such as facebook etc.
Sounds like its all excuses which it is.....Now have you paid ?

S

sparkle333

You can upload photos here or link to another site such as facebook etc.
Sounds like its all excuses which it is.....Now have you paid ?

i havent paid her anything, but it was labour only as i provided all materials , im happy to add photos on here if you could talk me through it please thx

S

sparkle333

not sure how to use this site keeps booting me out, not sure if my reply has been added or not, its for labour only i provided all materials and ive not paid her anything yet. i would happily add pics on here if someone talked me through it

G

Gazzer

If the photos are on your pc you start a new post here and click the icon above that looks like a photo frame. Then upload from your pc.

S

sparkle333

yes they are on my pc, so i cant add to here then, got to restart another thread lol, ill try me and pcs are not very gd only know the basics

S

Stef

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391365345.295855.jpg
When you press to reply, you should see something like the photo above, I've taken that from Tapatalk on my iPhone.
The icon in the middle bottom looks like a mountain & sun press that & will link for photos.

S

sparkle333

it keeps saying its exceeding they size quota, im really useless at doing anything like this dam

Reply to any advice re bad tiling job would be appreciated in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen