Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for living with shiny floor tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

Eilidh

Can someone here recommend a small-ish floor polisher/buffer that I can use to buff out the inevitable smear marks on shiny ceramic tile floors?

TIA

Eilidh

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Can someone here recommend a small-ish floor polisher/buffer that I can use to buff out the inevitable smear marks on shiny ceramic tile floors?

TIA

Eilidh

Small buffing machines are available for ceramics , depending on budget and floor area ; starting at £200 for a karcher/domestic on to more professional machines like the numatic range for larger areas.

Are you using the correct maintenance products in the first place; use a product that is specific to your tiles, one that leaves a streak free finish and will not contain any waxes that may bind dirt or leave smears. by using the correct maintenance products you may not need the machine.

E

Eilidh

Thank you for your kind reply.

Several years ago we bought a Vax floor cleaner. The cleaning product we use is Vax's own product that came with the machine, called 'Floor to Floor'. It cleans very well. The floor isn't left over-all smeary, but it smears in places. (That's when I have to get down on my hands and knees and buff it by hand.)

Walking barefoot causes footprints everywhere, even when feet are dry and clean from the shower. I understand that there may not be anything one can do about that, but I would like the floor to not come up smeary directly after cleaning.

Now to answer your question. I have no idea whether I'm using the 'correct maintenence products', since I have no idea what the correct products are. (Admission of Eilidh's total ignorance. :/)

The tile floor covers the entire ground floor of the house, including kitchen, living room, dining room, lower toilet room, entry hall by the front door, and halls.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

Several years ago we bought a Vax floor cleaner. The cleaning product we use is Vax's own product that came with the machine, called 'Floor to Floor'. It cleans very well. The floor isn't left over-all smeary, but it smears in places. (That's when I have to get down on my hands and knees and buff it by hand.)

Walking barefoot causes footprints everywhere, even when feet are dry and clean from the shower. I understand that there may not be anything one can do about that, but I would like the floor to not come up smeary directly after cleaning.

Now to answer your question. I have no idea whether I'm using the 'correct maintenence products', since I have no idea what the correct products are. (Admission of Eilidh's total ignorance. :/)

The tile floor covers the entire ground floor of the house, including kitchen, living room, dining room, lower toilet room, entry hall by the front door, and halls.

Hi Eilidh, from us you could try, ( similar products also available from other manufactures!! )

Product ,lithofin conditioning cleaner

Properties
This high-yielding concentrate is added to the washwater, and it cleans and maintains in one simpleoperation. Selected raw materials ensure an optimum,streak-free cleaning effect without building up layers.Surfaces become more attractive and less sensitivewith continued use.
Field of Use
For regular maintenance cleaning of all polished andunglazed vitrified ceramic and porcelain tile surfaceswhich are subject to normal levels of wear and tear.
Directions for Use
Add one squirt of Conditioning cleaner
to a 10 litre bucket of water.

This may help, be aware with such a large area of glazed ceramics there may still be times with the buffing towel!!!!

Have you ever used a wash and shine product on these tiles? If so you may have slight residue of product causing us an uneven clean.this we can deal with if you have.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

Hi Eilidh, from us you could try, ( similar products also available from other manufactures!! )

Product ,lithofin conditioning cleaner

Properties
This high-yielding concentrate is added to the washwater, and it cleans and maintains in one simpleoperation. Selected raw materials ensure an optimum,streak-free cleaning effect without building up layers.Surfaces become more attractive and less sensitivewith continued use.
Field of Use
For regular maintenance cleaning of all polished andunglazed vitrified ceramic and porcelain tile surfaceswhich are subject to normal levels of wear and tear.
Directions for Use
Add one squirt of Lithofin FZ Conditioning Cleaner
to a 10 litre bucket of water.

This may help, be aware with such a large area of glazed ceramics there may still be times with the buffing towel!!!!

Have you ever used a wash and shine product on these tiles? If so you may have slight residue of product causing us an uneven clean.this we can deal with if you have.

Reply to Advice for living with shiny floor tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen