Discuss Adhesive Advice: Ceramic on 18mm Chipboard & 6mm No More Ply Screwed and Glued in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

drumste

Hi Folks

I'm looking for some advice. I have spent a lot of time searching for my exact situation and haven't found a definitive answer. Here's what i've got:

-200mm x 50mm Joists on 300mm centres, 12ft span
-18mm Green Chipboard
-6mm No More Ply, screwed and glued with the manufacturer recommended Mega Strength Adhesive (I did have half of it laid with 6mm ply . . . i know, i know, don't all kill me at once :smilewinkgrin: . . . but ripped that up and got the no more ply after reading lots of posts on this forum)
-600mm x 600mm Ceramic Tiles

With this all done can i use a single part flexible adhesive like Mapei Super Flexible Adhesive (Buildfix) or do i need to go 2 part? Recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks

Steve

D

drumste

I forgot to mention i screwed the chipboard to the joists evey 6-8inches too. The floor feels very solid to walk on. I can tell the difference from before the preparation work was done.

M

Mike

to test it you can fill a glass of water and put it on the floor in the centre of the room and jump on the floor (not the glass:lol:) and there should be no spillage

D

drumste

Mike

A few of questions:
Do I fill it flush with the top rim or bulging (surface tension)?
Do i jump right next to it ?
What is it does spill ?

Steve

G

Gazzer

This is a story we heard from various Reps over the years when sent out to see why a floor failed.

Walk around the glass and if water spills then the floor has too much bounce......we asked "what if no spillage?" They replied " We walk harder !"

R

Rich

That is brilliant :lol:

Drunste, as long as the floor was well and truly screwed down feels like there is no bounce to it then your floor should be fine. A good quality single part adhesive is fine :thumbsup:

D

drumste

Thanks for all the help. I've not made any progress this weekend but i'll be cracking on in the next few weekends. I'll pick up some single part adhesive this week.

Reply to Adhesive Advice: Ceramic on 18mm Chipboard & 6mm No More Ply Screwed and Glued in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay