Discuss Winter tyres. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevortine

Just wondered what brand you prefer, feedback etc, i favoured the vredestein comtracs but hear the new continental vanco 2 gets a good write up.

I

Ian

Good thread start, I need some new front tyres asap so might as well get some winter ones.

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk

D

DHTiling

I got Mastersteel Winter..last year and they were great... very soft rubber compound so you need to remove once road temps increase.. but they are great for ice as well.. loads of grip...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The best winter tyres in the world wont help if you dont drive properly. Never felt the need for them myself. Just drive according tothe conditions.

D

DHTiling

The best winter tyres in the world wont help if you dont drive properly. Never felt the need for them myself. Just drive according tothe conditions.

You try driving in the dales through a ft of snow.. you need snow tyres trust me..:)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Done it dave through last winter dave. Also went on a winter driving course with the police a few years ago. That was really useful. Dont forget to turn off your traction control though eh :)

D

DHTiling

Traction control on my van... ye ok :lol:

You cannot climb the hills like i do and get out of farm yards without them.. i tried..:lol:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have to say though if the snow is as bad this year as it was last year i shall probably just stay at home :)

I

Ian

Is there a big price difference from standard mid range tyres?

T

trevortine

Dont forget bri, you should really fit a full set, for transit van they are about 90 odd quid a corner.
Good thread start, I need some new front tyres asap so might as well get some winter ones.

Reply to Winter tyres. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post here on the forum. Thanks for reading! I have an application for 1"...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread as the only other...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22