Search the forum,

Discuss Which waterproofing/tanking products do you use... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Can you tell me which waterproofing/tanking products you use....if the one you use isn't on the list then let me know and I'll add it....

C

carter

Hi
Thanks for a very informative forum. I wonder what preformed shower trays and drains are also used ith various tanking products?

P

protilers

i use a mixture of tanking products...

1. mira fibreglass mat (1mtr wide 1mm thick)
2. mira fibreglass tape (100mm wide 1mm thick)
3. mapei gum (fleable paint on tanking)

i find that in this case the mapei mesh is not as good as the mira but mapei gum is far better than miras tanking paint....

remenber guys when you tank a room it must be of solid construction..
wedi trays are the best but must be secure,
also always fibreglass the floor first ensuring to come at least 150mm up the walls.... then you apply your corner tape over the floor fold,
take care and perticular attention to pigeon holes,ledges etc.
if you would like to see a photographic reconstruction of a wetroom visit my website www.protilers.com and click on projects then goto Denbigh Gdns 2.
i think this will illustrate the point perfectly.......

however this is the way our company does this without failure (100+ wetrooms)
it does not mean that there are not different ways of doing it....its just tried and tested...... good luck!
----
oh i forgot to mention.....all of the products i listed are available from trimline (and many more) plus for a nominal fee they will deliver them to site thier number is
0208778 9000

Last edited by a moderator:
C

carter

i use a mixture of tanking products...

1. mira fibreglass mat (1mtr wide 1mm thick)
2. mira fibreglass tape (100mm wide 1mm thick)
3. mapei gum (fleable paint on tanking)

i find that in this case the mapei mesh is not as good as the mira but mapei gum is far better than miras tanking paint....

remenber guys when you tank a room it must be of solid construction..
wedi trays are the best but must be secure,
also always fibreglass the floor first ensuring to come at least 150mm up the walls.... then you apply your corner tape over the floor fold,
take care and perticular attention to pigeon holes,ledges etc.
if you would like to see a photographic reconstruction of a wetroom visit my website www.protilers.com and click on projects then goto Denbigh Gdns 2.
i think this will illustrate the point perfectly.......

however this is the way our company does this without failure (100+ wetrooms)
it does not mean that there are not different ways of doing it....its just tried and tested...... good luck!
----
oh i forgot to mention.....all of the products i listed are available from trimline (and many more) plus for a nominal fee they will deliver them to site thier number is
0208778 9000

Hi I saw your wet room diary and it was a diiferent story from other threads I have seen on tanking. You say the room has to a rigid structure. Does that mean you only do wet room with concrete as a base. I noticed that you also use self leveling compound over the underfloor heating which makes good sense. What do you do when you have a traditional timber floor with floorboards?

Reply to Which waterproofing/tanking products do you use... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen