Search the forum,

Discuss Which cutter next? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gentleman Jim

Started my first porcelain job today - 16m2 of floor laying 450 x 450 x 11 tiles. I tried a dry cut with the cutter I bought from Darren at the end of my NETT course but this didn't really have the muscle (it snapped the tiles but not cleanly and not without a bit of a struggle!).
My question is which dry cutter would folks recommend and where would you go to get it?
Look forward to hearing your replies.
Regards
Jim

T

tysfoot

good luck anyway, take your time and learn from everything you do, then next time do it faster

G

grumpygrouter

There are many posts on the forums on this very subject Jim. Best to do your own research and if possible, try 1 or 2 alternatives before you shell out the cash.

I bought my Montolit after using it and Rubi's, deciding that for me, it was more versatile and robust.

Research well and choose wisely, my friend.:thumbsup:

Grumpy

F

Fekin

Hi Jim.

I've just finished cutting 6mm porcelain 400 x 400's, though they we're only 6mm, my cutter which is a Husqvarna TC 670 sliced through them very easily and hardly took any pressure at all to snap them, so I would be confident it could do 10mm no problem as well, and for only £120 you couldn't go wrong.

They also can use Rubi cutting wheels, so Im told.

P

penno

I bought a rubi tx 700n last week because my ts 60 was struggling with some porcelains. tx cuts them so easy it is unbelievable.

T

tilelover

Mate buy a sigma, they may be a bit bulkier to carry around but i think they are the best cutters around. Love using the sigma..

Last edited by a moderator:
E

etc.tiling

Don't mess about here mate ... spend the money and get a Montolit MAsterpuima 63. I just did a porcelain job where the tiles were 2' x 1' and it cut them perfectly every single time. Admittedly I had to give the handle a hell of a whack a few times but I even managed to get a 100mm cut off the full length of one of the tiles meaning I didn't have to go downstairs and out to use my wet cutter. I know the Montolit is a bit expensive but it's well worth the money - you won't regret it!!!

Reply to Which cutter next? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen