Search the forum,

Discuss Which cutter next? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gentleman Jim

Started my first porcelain job today - 16m2 of floor laying 450 x 450 x 11 tiles. I tried a dry cut with the cutter I bought from Darren at the end of my NETT course but this didn't really have the muscle (it snapped the tiles but not cleanly and not without a bit of a struggle!).
My question is which dry cutter would folks recommend and where would you go to get it?
Look forward to hearing your replies.
Regards
Jim

T

tysfoot

good luck anyway, take your time and learn from everything you do, then next time do it faster

G

grumpygrouter

There are many posts on the forums on this very subject Jim. Best to do your own research and if possible, try 1 or 2 alternatives before you shell out the cash.

I bought my Montolit after using it and Rubi's, deciding that for me, it was more versatile and robust.

Research well and choose wisely, my friend.:thumbsup:

Grumpy

F

Fekin

Hi Jim.

I've just finished cutting 6mm porcelain 400 x 400's, though they we're only 6mm, my cutter which is a Husqvarna TC 670 sliced through them very easily and hardly took any pressure at all to snap them, so I would be confident it could do 10mm no problem as well, and for only £120 you couldn't go wrong.

They also can use Rubi cutting wheels, so Im told.

P

penno

I bought a rubi tx 700n last week because my ts 60 was struggling with some porcelains. tx cuts them so easy it is unbelievable.

T

tilelover

Mate buy a sigma, they may be a bit bulkier to carry around but i think they are the best cutters around. Love using the sigma..

Last edited by a moderator:
E

etc.tiling

Don't mess about here mate ... spend the money and get a Montolit MAsterpuima 63. I just did a porcelain job where the tiles were 2' x 1' and it cut them perfectly every single time. Admittedly I had to give the handle a hell of a whack a few times but I even managed to get a 100mm cut off the full length of one of the tiles meaning I didn't have to go downstairs and out to use my wet cutter. I know the Montolit is a bit expensive but it's well worth the money - you won't regret it!!!

Reply to Which cutter next? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen