Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss what to put with this ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well you know we tiled this a couple on months ago and could not think what i could put on this set it had to
be classic to work with the tiles but it had to be different we came up with this now the question is with or
without Lara Croft.

DSC00053.JPG DSC00062.JPG DSC00063.JPG DSC00064.JPG DSC00065.JPG DSC00070.JPG DSC00072.JPG DSC00074.JPG DSC00075.JPG

T

Tile Shop

Had an issue with Halcon Atrium tiles. 60x30, 6mm. Most of the range was ok, but not this batch of this colour.it was a 2mm bow, so on the limit of tolerance. And no matter how much you explain to customers it conforms to BS, try a different layout, etc, they still think the tiles are faulty and it has to be brick bond.

Simple solution sent them a genesis levelling kit which was just strong enough to flatten them until the adhesive was set :)

I've seen some of the porcelthin videos and the larger ones look very wobbly but strong. no chance of bowing being a problem with them. Looked as if you could almost bend them into whatever shape you wanted without them snapping. (Ok, maybe i'm exaggerating slightly).

Actually @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin , These porcelthin tiles, I'll use 1200x600 as an example, how much can the be bent before shattering? and can they be used on slightly curved walls?

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Had an issue with Halcon Atrium tiles. 60x30, 6mm. Most of the range was ok, but not this batch of this colour.it was a 2mm bow, so on the limit of tolerance. And no matter how much you explain to customers it conforms to BS, try a different layout, etc, they still think the tiles are faulty and it has to be brick bond.

Simple solution sent them a genesis levelling kit which was just strong enough to flatten them until the adhesive was set :)

I've seen some of the porcelthin videos and the larger ones look very wobbly but strong. no chance of bowing being a problem with them. Looked as if you could almost bend them into whatever shape you wanted without them snapping. (Ok, maybe i'm exaggerating slightly).

Actually @Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin , These porcelthin tiles, I'll use 1200x600 as an example, how much can the be bent before shattering? and can they be used on slightly curved walls?
about 28mm they wont curve round a wall as they will fight back and go straight here some pictures

DSC00095.JPG DSC00094.JPG DSC00093.JPG

Reply to what to put with this ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks