Search the forum,

Discuss What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Imano

I got the genesis as well. Also bought it from darren at nett. It came recommended from another tiler besides darren, so went for the 600. Only used it a couple of times but this was on 9mm, 600x300 porcelain both jobs and found no problem. Wet cutter is plasplugs mastertiler, - excellent value for money imo.

D

DB-Tiling

hi i bought a husquavarna 670, its on the big side but its been a good cutter, on my tenth job now, so far so good.
sy:thumbsup:
i got a 670, really heavy, but does a great job. also got a ts 66 r wet cutter. thats nice too. a rubi star 50 there great for small tiles,and a bog standard little wet cutter. need a new one though.

H

hillhead

Sorry swe,only replying to youe q now,
yeah my sigma 10M is a heavy bugger!!!
takes two to lift it about,i think its about 65kgs,
great machine to use and the cuts are sweet,3hp motor,will cut 4" deep!!!!
i have never heard it slow yet,bought it a year ago,cost over a grand.
paid for itself very quickly,ie 3 marble jobs !!

Hillhead, how's the watersaw to lug around? I mean, isn't it pretty damn heavy?

S

sWe

Thanks for the reply. I was eyeing one some time ago, but the thought of lugging it around kind of put me off.

W

waterfd

Only been tiling for a short time and used Rubi TS40 and Plasplug mastertiler. Just recently bought a TS50plus and now realise it should have been aTS60plus so for the odd job i'm going to buy the Big Clinker from Topps. See how this works out.

B

brian c

does anyone have a rubi pocket? was wondering what they are like for splash backs
I have one,well it fell and snapped the plastic bed but it was not a bad little cutter.:grin:

Genesis 600,Husqvarna TC470 and HUSQVARNA 670

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MICK the Tiler

I use Sigma Down here can't remember how many I got maybe 10 or so I usually keep a 35 and a 75 in the truck they cater for most jobs.

They both have there pros and cons

rubi pros

Novice tilers would be better sticking to a rubi as they require less skill in snapping pressure wich is a big plus for rubi. They also have good visability to line up cutting marks due to the dual bars. Also there slim design make them compact and lighter to carry and work well in tight bathrooms.

cons

Prone to flex on thicker tiling material, also more moving parts, they need regular maintenence. The double action can be a bit annoying at times

sigma pros

Built like a mack truck, little maintenance required, less moving parts, will last a lifetime, The perfect single action, good handle and wheel design, will not flex, quality sprung tables. quality compass

cons

Can be hard to use if your a novice, heavy and wide, you have to tilt the head to line up cutting marks due to single bar.

T

Taz8130

Bought a Husky 670 from PTS during my course. Topped it off with Plasplug Mastertiler. Done 5 jobs so far and absolutely spot on !!. Tried out the Montalit which, although great for clean breaks, the poor line of sight of the cutting wheel put me off and the Rubi seemed to flex too much.

Reply to What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible...
Replies
Views
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen