Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What size trowel notch. 6mm or 8mm ??? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi again. I’m tile the shower today (finally) but am unsure on my trowel size. I’m using 200x100 8mm metro onto Elements waterproof backer board with BAL SPF. There are some areas where the fixing washers are slightly proud of the board so I was going to use an 8mm trowel but the addy spec sheet says 2-6mm.

I’ve also got 10mm trims as advised at CTD, not now wondering if they’re good to go?

Also, I naively thought the shower would be good to go after a couple of days, but the addy spec says 2 weeks!! The family are going to lynch me!! Would a dehumidifier speed up this process or should I leave it to dry naturally?

Thanks everyone, I’m looking forward to posting pics for your feedback. You’ve been a great help.

G

Reply to What size trowel notch. 6mm or 8mm ??? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock