Search the forum,

Discuss What brand of tile scribe cutter do you use.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

I bought two montolits last year a big un and a wee un for small kitchen tiles. I like the easy set up and weight of them but some of the build quality is a bit dissapointing. I will keep them until they are past their best and look for something else. Whens the poll on wet cutters coming...that will be interesting!!!

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Well it's a done deal, went to meet up with Bri earlier and swapped out my TX for his Sigma, I have to say I don't think I will miss the TX. I did have a play with the Sigma when I got back home and it is a great cutter, such a clean cut on everything I threw at it. I may be a convert like Dave............

I

Ian

Told ya. :).

Bri being a traitor and that :) :)

I really wanted to be a Sigma lover but, it just wasn't for me. Maybe I went in too deep with a 90cm cutter, perhaps I should have started smaller. All I know is, I've got the full set of Rubi's now, I've only come across one tile they won't cut so, I'm Rubi to the core! I shall refrain from commenting on any Rubi/Sigma debates in the future :lol: (yeah right!). Having tried one I do get why people rate them so highly but, they aren't as good as the Sigma hardcore like to make out, or should I say, they aren't 10 times better than Rubi cutters. So to sum up, use what works for you, I can whole heartedly say I will never touch another Sigma, yes they are good but, the TX range is what I will be using to pay my bills :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I really wanted to be a Sigma lover but, it just wasn't for me. Maybe I went in too deep with a 90cm cutter, perhaps I should have started smaller. All I know is, I've got the full set of Rubi's now, I've only come across one tile they won't cut so, I'm Rubi to the core! I shall refrain from commenting on any Rubi/Sigma debates in the future :lol: (yeah right!). Having tried one I do get why people rate them so highly but, they aren't as good as the Sigma hardcore like to make out, or should I say, they aren't 10 times better than Rubi cutters. So to sum up, use what works for you, I can whole heartedly say I will never touch another Sigma, yes they are good but, the TX range is what I will be using to pay my bills :thumbsup:

spot on bri there at least 20 times better..:thumbsup:.....:lol:

Last edited:

craig89

TF
Reaction score
Rubi ts40. TM 900. Nuava Batipro 700. The Nuava is best for large porcelain. Although I quite often use the grinder with a good blade on the thicker stuff.

Reaction score
I've always been Rubi. Until my TR600 gave up last year i loved it! I brought the TX700 and too be honest i'm finding it a little "clumsey" for want of a better word.
I've just never used anything but Rubi, but i think i am going to start looking for something different soon.

I got the TX700 too and, and yes I dont really like it either, thinking of trying the sigmas.

Reply to What brand of tile scribe cutter do you use.? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen