Currently reading:
My 1st Job Wet room Ensuite tiling

Search the forum,

Discuss Wet room Ensuite tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Clapton712

Hello All,

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for a few weeks before registering. Great knowledge available which I know will help me!

Im just about to start tiling my wet room ensuite. I think im ready to start the floor, but I have an adhesive question. I have cement boards on the floor on top of very solid supported chipboard. I don't really want to use a rapid set adhesive as I will be taking my time to ensure I get it right. The tiles are Vintage Hews from leekes, and have P1 stamped on the back.

Can anyone recommend a standard setting flexible tile adhesive for fixing porcelain tiles? Im also unsure what gap to leave at the wall transition, the wall will have a Metro style tile about 6m thick.

Im sure ill have plenty more questions! Thank for reading, pics below!

Ben
20170219_144052.jpg
20170518_192249.jpg

C

Clapton712

Sorry I did mean insulation boards. They are glued and screwed as per the reccomendations. Yes tiles are porcelain with a Matt finish so I believe they do not need sealing?

MY local Screwfix only has Mapai Rapid setting adhesive which I'm not keen on using purely as I want to get this right first time. I work in precision engineering so I know this is going to be a nightmare for me to accept the variations in tiles!!

MY local DIY shed has Unibond ultra flexible, is this a decent make of adhesive or shall I look else where?

Cheers for all the replies

C

Clapton712

Hello All,

Firstly thank you all for the advice, and secondly sorry for the slow update (if anyone is interested!!) A couple of holidays, busy at work and an engineering degree to throw into the mix has slowed down work!

However all I have to finish now is the top row of tiles before grouting. Could anyone advise the best grout to use? I was thinking epoxy just to be sure of the waterproofing but im drifting away from that now. It seems either Bal or Mapei, but I cant choose between the 2!

Any opinions would be great! Thanks

20170721_173421.jpg

Reply to Wet room Ensuite tiling in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement