Search the forum,

Discuss washed out my grout colour, how to fix in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

El Kabong!

Hi,

A while back I did my first tiling job (DIY). I'm quite pleased with it.

One problem I had was that I used a textured tile, and I found it quite hard to remove all the grout from the tile when cleaning up.

I used too much water and as a result the grout I used (grey) has become washed out, colour-wise, in places. It's not too bad but I am noticing it and it's annoying me a bit.

Is there an easy way to re-colour it all to a slightly darker grey without having to rake it out? I would also like to avoid having to apply any product that would be hard to remove from the texture on the tile.

Is there a dye or similar that I can rub in with a cloth/sponge, and that would wipe off the tile?

Thanks.

Reaction score
grout-rescue-mid-grey_1.jpg you could always give this stuff a try?

Reply to washed out my grout colour, how to fix in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen