Search the forum,

Discuss washboy sponge's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

geehippy

just a quickie darling.
Got a new sponge for me washboy sponge thingy. Is it just me or do the new sponges appear to start off water and grout resistant? I sponged the wall down as usual and there was loads of grout left on the tiles, might even have to polish them!
Any thoughts chaps and chapesses, is it the sponge or have i lost me mojo?:huh2:

D

DHTiling

A tip from me!!!!!!!!

Soak the sponge in hot water first ..this will soften it up and away you go......make sure you wring it out well

p.s. not boiling hot as it will bring the sponge off the board....

G

grumpygrouter

just a quickie darling.
Got a new sponge for me washboy sponge thingy. Is it just me or do the new sponges appear to start off water and grout resistant? I sponged the wall down as usual and there was loads of grout left on the tiles, might even have to polish them!
Any thoughts chaps and chapesses, is it the sponge or have i lost me mojo?:huh2:
Didn't have the problem with either of my sponges. Maybe it was your mojo playing up after all.:grin:

Grumpy

G

geehippy

Cheers I will try the hot water , the new sponges were definitely 'less efficient'
If that doesn't work I'm of looking for me mojo under the bath....
Maybe it fell in the bog, who knows.

Reply to washboy sponge's in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen