• Thread starter kent tiler
  • Start date
  • Replies 45
  • Views 9K
  • usa

Discuss wash boy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

My mate rang me today singing the praises of one he bought from Tile Giant. It has holes in the rollers, might get one he was raving about it:thumbsup:

Reaction score
he reckon some sites in germany banned them for the overwetting problem, not karl dahm but washboys in general

It's incredible how things do a full circle:yikes:It was the Germans that introduced them to the tiling fraternity and swore we couldn't live without them - now they're banning them:yikes::lol:

S

Stephen@Weber

I've seen a German system where they tile a floor without going on there knees!

They also have closures in the middle of windows rather than key cuts?

P

Peter

The perforated rollers definately seem to make a difference to water ending up on the floor.

This type of roller is the way forward imo

1228830337-10921.jpg

P

Peter

I find that water rolls off the sides of the smooth rollers and finds its way onto the floor. Whereas in the system above, the chances of this are greatly reduced.

W

White Room

I've never had that problem with the smooth rollers or not that I've noticed anyway, I'll be going all paranoid now:yikes:

D

doug boardley

no. I haven't had a problem with water spillage either, I tend to run my finger along the sponge just before I take it off the rollers, this seems to take any surplus water off it. Does anybody else do this?

G

grumpygrouter

Got a £25 one off eBay but it was a false economy - turned out to be very cheap plastic. Will probably update to a Karl Dahm one in the foreseeable future.

Lidl were selling good quality washboys/grout baths for £20 a few years ago. The rollers weren't great but the quality of plastic was excellent for the price.

Does anyone ever use their washboy on walls?
Yes...

W

White Room

no. I haven't had a problem with water spillage either, I tend to run my finger along the sponge just before I take it off the rollers, this seems to take any surplus water off it. Does anybody else do this?

Never found I needed to Doug:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I tried my wash-boy on walls but i couldn't keep the water in the bucket for long..:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to wash boy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay