• Thread starter kent tiler
  • Start date
  • Replies 45
  • Views 9K
  • usa

Discuss wash boy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kent tiler

im a bit of a numty can you please post a link for the cdt washboy and no m8te my ts40's are mint :prrr:

D

DHTiling

Thought they had 2 on offer at CTD a cheap one and a more expensive one? I'm sure they're not Karl Dahm standard though.

I think that sometimes washboys can cause problems with too much water.

I hardly use mine lately... unless a really big floor i have gone back to hand washing.. less chance of over wetting.

A

Aston

as above, only use a washboy on large floors. i would go for a karl dahm if i were you tiling spread. the rubi ones hold too much water imo.

D

doug boardley

:lol::lol:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZmWE8JG3M]YouTube - Kings Of Leon - The Bucket[/ame]

S

stevee

totally awesome bit of kit ,i wasnt convinced ,but fancied a new tool when i got mine, blimey ,what a timesaver,aint had no over wetting ,its got 2 rollers ,or have they all?

K

kent tiler

i gotmine from boot sale there was a guy there with loads of tiling stuff even rubi paid a tener for mine it was blue two rollers sponges i got it with a load of stuff that day :prrr: i even got a petty stone saw from there boots are good times

S

Stephen@Weber

They all have the rollers but can defo cause over watering which can cause efflorecence.

The best tips to avoid this are to wash off with a hand sponge as dry as possible and mix the grout with a paddle.

P

Peter

Got a £25 one off eBay but it was a false economy - turned out to be very cheap plastic. Will probably update to a Karl Dahm one in the foreseeable future.

Lidl were selling good quality washboys/grout baths for £20 a few years ago. The rollers weren't great but the quality of plastic was excellent for the price.

Does anyone ever use their washboy on walls?

Reaction score
Get the karl dahm one much better quality than either of the ones on offer at ctd, as i saw them today, ones a rubi, holds to much water, i'v known the handle to break off these when full of water, the other is something like a tileeasy or something like that and looks very cheap and fragile. i use mine for walls, where there is no electric sockets, and all floors. Save lots of time.

T

trevortine

Faithfull karl dahm, had mine bout five years now, only use on floors though, i was talking to a mapei rep at a seminar couple years back and he reckon some sites in germany banned them for the overwetting problem, not karl dahm but washboys in general.

Reply to wash boy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley