Search the forum,

Discuss Warped backer board | warped no more ply after priming! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

so your going to install some moisture resistance board then tank it out .the board is a mear 6mm thick wouldnt you better off in my opinion plaster boarding with 12 mm plasterboard and tank that out your going to get the same result or are you the plaster board is twice as thick so should be less flexable. as far as I was aware no more ply is more for floors than walls.
I would plaster board and cover with kerdi membrain

S

SteUK

I am never one to usually go against advice of those with more knowledge and experience than me, but in this case all the materials have been bought and advice taken from the manufacturers, who say it's fine in all their literature and back it with lifetime guarantee!

Got 4 boards up now...and I have another question regards tanking! (Sorry!)

Should I be taping over all the washers/screws as well as corners? Should I tape the board to the bath?

Thanks!

S

SteUK

Thanks Dan!

Is the procedure from board to bath...

- silicon gap between board and bath.

- masking tape along bath with gap from board less than tile+adhesive.

- waterproofer, tape, waterproofer.

- tile

- Cut just inside masking tape with sharp knife.

- silicone the gap from tile to bath.

?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Use a tile thickness and a pencil to mark a line down the bath. Put tanking tape up to that line. Tank everything.

Tiles with adhesive then will come over that line.

Grout as normal.

Then small silicone bead in corner and to bath. Use masking tape for that if you're not comfortable getting it spot on without.

Reply to Warped backer board | warped no more ply after priming! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen