Search the forum,

Discuss Wanting a trimless finish with bullnose tiles but not possible due to cut edge in metro pattern? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

97ACA6D5-C698-48CE-B26D-564D6F669B05.jpeg
How is the tiler going to make a factory made edge like that ?
When he cuts the tile you will see the biscuit, the whole edge will be the biscuit :confused2:
This is the picture the OP supplied, no bevel, looks like white back not brown, and he has purchased the bullnosed tiles so wouldn’t be at all hard to do as customer asks

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Waluigi

I think that was just an example pic of the way the wanted the tiles cut.

The biscuit could still be brown.

For me it would still work. Tiler needs to make the judgement.

B

Blunt Tool

I think that was just an example pic of the way the wanted the tiles cut.

The biscuit could still be brown.

For me it would still work. Tiler needs to make the judgement.
Yes yes you know everything OP has, who am I to argue with such a knowledgeable plumber as yourself! Just read his first post!!

W

Waluigi

Ahh, so we do have a light biscuit. All good then. Makes life easier.

That pic that you quoted was a library pic. That’s why I mentioned the tiles might be different :)

M

mofonyx

Yes, that's correct, the tile already has a rounded finished edge glazed, which I intend to face out to avoid the need for a trim. The other side of the tile is just a normal 'straight' edge. The biscuit is light.

So to achieve a brick / metro pattern, alternate tiles will have a cut edge butting onto a 'normal' (non rounded edge) tile which I hope would not produce too much of a difference in finish.

It sounds like from the replies this is a reasonable and fairly common tiling task so we are going ahead with it.

Reply to Wanting a trimless finish with bullnose tiles but not possible due to cut edge in metro pattern? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen