Discuss How the tile round this window? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had a go at tiling our cloakroom loo and its going ok, (I am extremely slow, it ridiculous). I opted to make the corner of the room the starting point as that is what's seen from the hallway, when u walk past it.
My issue is if I follow the patten round from the existing tiling in the photos, the last of the vertical tiles will have to be cut so slender (15mm or so!) to go up to the window line.

I have included a photo of where the tile will end up and also the top horizontal tile (held on by blue tack... u can see in one pic the tile actually falling, smashing, and waking my 5yo and lodger!).

I considered mitrering the bottom end of that thin piece to 45° and then adding two other similarly cut pieces to the bottom and opposite side, making a kind of half picture frame... but the tile is unfortunately too small to do this for the bottom piece though. Also the would be a space under the bottom bit where I suppose I would have the cut some very short vertical bits for continuation of the main pattern.

I took a risk as I was just faffing so much I just had to get some tile on the wall. I should have started at the damn window i know!
Bit of a creative one this... any ideas?
Just waiting for imgur to upload my photos so I can add them here, cheers
Sean.

Last edited:
T

tylerthetiler

Take the two off you've done and do a short tile in the corner (where you started) so you get a full size tile up to the left of the window or a size that matches what will be left on the rightof the window

Reaction score
Take the two off you've done and do a short tile in the corner (where you started) so you get a full size tile up to the left of the window or a size that matches what will be left on the rightof the window
Thanks for the tip I had already wrestled with it and ended up with this (below).

Now my new problem is the walls were so unlevel that to keep it square (ish) I am left with a huge void between the wall and the trim... kind of knew it was coming but couldn't work out what to do about it! 😅

Attachments

• 20210105_182507.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210105_182516.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210105_182529.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210105_182546.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-20210105-WA0005.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 27

Reply to How the tile round this window? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks