Search the forum,

Discuss Wall tiles for floor tiles?????? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

maggieb

Hi, I am new here and I was so pleased to find this forum as I am in need of advice.
We are doing up a shed as a studio and where excited when we found some tiles going cheap from a place that was closing down. We purchased 60 m2 of 600x330 white tiles. On arriving home with them and looking at them closely we noticed they are wall tiles, not floor tiles. Then discovered we could not return them.:mad2:
My question is....Can we still use them as floor tiles. They have A grade on the box, no PSI stated. And if we can use them as floor tiles, what adhesive do we use. We are thinking flexi.
Can someone please advise me on what to do. The tiles are glazed with a matt finish.
Cheers, Maggie **yawn**

D

Deleted member 9966

what thickness are the tiles in mm? Floor tiles are usually at least 8mm in thickness.

S

Stef

Again as above, you can use floor tiles on a wall but you can't use wall tiles on a floor.
I wouldn't risk it as they won't take the strain of a floor tile.

W

WetSaw

If you're "doing up a shed" and it's yours for your own use, I'd use them. But only if it has a solid floor i.e concrete. Only you know how you're going to use the building and how much traffic the floor is likely to have and what sort of thing you'll be getting up to.
By the way, I'm not a tiler!

M

maggieb

If you're "doing up a shed" and it's yours for your own use, I'd use them. But only if it has a solid floor i.e concrete. Only you know how you're going to use the building and how much traffic the floor is likely to have and what sort of thing you'll be getting up to.
By the way, I'm not a tiler!
Thank you for your info...yes the floor is concrete and there wont be a lot of traffic on it. In your opinion would it be best to use a flexi adhesive or a rigid one. We were thinking of the flexi that you mix up.

W

WetSaw

Primer the floor first (not with PVA). 3 mm spacers and back butter the tiles to ensure a solid bed. If you have flexi adhesive already then use it, I tend to use flexi anyway.
Be careful about the choice of grout colour as light colours on floors can get dirty quickly.
By the way, I'm not a Tiler

Reply to Wall tiles for floor tiles?????? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen