Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Video: On a tiled floor how do I bolt down or install a toilet pan WC loo bidet etc in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

One important part of a bathroom is the WC, loo, toilet, bidet or glazed ceramic pan.

How do I fix a toilet, WC or loo pan down to a tiled floor

Many units are supplied with heavier duty fixings like M6, M8, M10 coach bolts or deep screws.

The reason for heavy fixings is that the unit needs to be anchored down firmly and securely to its floor base. This is to prevent movement during use which would cause spilling or leaking of water, waste water and of course alarm to the person sitting on it!

If a floor has been tiled so that the pan sits on top of the tiles the question then becomes "How do I accurately drill the tile to allow the fixings to do their job - especially as most are at an angle"

This four minute video gives an insight into how drilling a plug out of a tile with the PORSADRILL tile drills from 365Drills can help installer quickly and easily tackle this task.

[video=youtube;7kAIdTf_27k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kAIdTf_27k[/video]

The size used was the 30mm diamond core drill from the best selling Bathroom Fitters Kit

365drills_pack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Video: On a tiled floor how do I bolt down or install a toilet pan WC loo bidet etc in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks