Search the forum,

Discuss used an 8mm notched trowel on mosaic tiles - problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

roberto1490

i tiled my wet room tray with small mosaic tiles. trouble is i used an 8mm notched trowel and now realise i should have used a 3/4mm. the adhesive i used is mapei keraquick in white. some of the adhesive came through the gaps in areas so i wiped the surface down. is this going to be a problem? the grout will be the same colour as the adhesive

D

DHTiling

It will show through, you need to clean the joints out...

For future reference don't use a trowel thickness great than half the tile thickness to prevent squash through..:thumbsup:

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
as dave as all ready said you will need to clean joints out white grout will stand out like a sore thumb with the white tile adhesive

Reply to used an 8mm notched trowel on mosaic tiles - problem? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.