Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating, Timber Floor Boards and Durabase in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simonb43

Hi,

Have been to see a job over the weekend and have some concerns.

Piped underfloor has been fitted to bathroom floors, timber floor boards replaced and durabase matting has been fitted. However, this has been fitted with PVA only, and i have already told the customer this is no good, it need to be fitted with tile adhesive.

Also, should there be backerboards fitted to the floorboards before the durabase is fitted as i would always board a timber floor with these prior to tiling. Also the underfloor heating is approx just below the floorboards so would the heat be too intensive ??

Basically, if i had been there before the tiling was started i would have advised the customer to do the following,
fit backer boards, glued and screwed ( possible ), fit durabase with flexible adhesive, fit tiles with flexible adhesive then grout. Is this correct ????

S

simonb43

I would like to think that my advice is correct. Any answers to the questions please ??

S

simonb43

Not a DIY John, just wanting confirmation that I'm correct. Surely that's what this forum is about !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

As you didn't answer my post no. 2 it would be difficult to establish to which level of advice and depth of information you would require.

S

simonb43

I would like to consider myself a professional tiler John and am just asking if I'm right with what I'm saying. As stated earlier I would board floor first, fit durabase, then tile, with flexi adhesive.

T

TJ Smiler

Just to be sure here as TJ does have a point, when you say piped ufh what do you mean?

T

TJ Smiler

Oooops sorry just noticed how old the post was. Probably done it by now anyway...... Unless you are diy :lol:

Reply to Underfloor Heating, Timber Floor Boards and Durabase in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen