Search the forum,

Discuss Uheat membrane and cable and tanking and moisture control...? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

ok, for us who haven't do the course how is it waterproofed?
see some YouTube videos what show it being used in wet room with joints not taped.

the only way I see it can be done is to put a waterproof jointing tape under the joint

education me please

O

Old Mod

Well taping the joints with Kerdi Keba & Coll is waterproof mate isn't it. In fact it'll be the only part of the UFH protected from moisture, the rest is just covered with tile adhesive cos unless you tank the Ditra Heat, it'll only stop water going thro the matting, and Ditra don't advocate latexing over it either.
Not that latex is waterproof, but if you tanked it, it would be.
And don't Impey suggest tanking before UFH, so I can't see difference really mate.
Or am I missing something?
And if you're using it for moisture equalisation, you don't need to tape the joints anyway, unless it's moisture sensitive stone.

O

Old Mod

isn't a electric cable running though the tanking joint a weak point?
What of the waterproofing?
If it's totally encased in Kerdi Coll do you think?
Long as cables run parallel to the joints, it'll only cross the joint at one point won't it?

Reply to Uheat membrane and cable and tanking and moisture control...? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen