Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss turning on water underfloor heating system. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all

Done 70 mtrs of 60x60 porcelain on dittra over a water underfloor heating system. I finished a couple of weeks ago but as the customer hasnt moved in yet the heating hasnt been turned on.
I was wondering what the rules are on turning the heating back on. It was on for a few weeks before tiling but was turned off atleast a week before laying the dittra.
Ive read on here one or two different times for waiting.
There is a control in every room and can be set to a temp, im sure it wont need to be turned on for a while yet but i take it it has to be turned on gradually upto their prefered heat.

Any info is always appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Once tiled leave it off for 28 days. The strengths for cement based materials are generally tested at 28days so at this point it should have reached the minimum it needs to do the job. Then switch it on with a flow temperature of 20 degrees for three days. Then begin to increase the temperature (make sure this is flow temperature NOT room temperature. Increase by maximum 5degrees per day but try to go up just a couple of degrees a day. Keep doing this untill you get up to the maximum temperature for the system which will normall not exceed 45 or 50 degrees ( if it can go higher then stop a 50) leave ot there for three days then referse the process back to twenty degrees. Once this is done you can either switch it off and enjoy the summer warmth (hahaha) or set it to normal operating temperature which with sand cement screed wil be a flow temperature of around 45degrees C. This can be set via room temperature stats.

The procedure basically mimics that for commissioning theundefloor heating for the screed.

Reply to turning on water underfloor heating system. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks