Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Trust a trader in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

wivers

I see that trustatrader.com is getting alot of radio adverts in.

Anyone advertise with them at all?

G

GazTech

Another customer street....they insult our intelligence that we cant get work by ourselves .....tell you who else is spending advertising money,
giveusyourmoneyandwewillgoinyellowpagesandrecommendatrustytrader.com

E

enduro

The customers i market my business at probably dont listen to theses radio station..mainly radio 4 or classic fm so be no good to me:lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't do it! lol You know the drill. Change the station to stop it tempting you mate.

D

davy_G

We have 'handyman matters' doing a huge push on the radio & papers over here. Offering employment to trades with guaranteed work etc. Whats the point, they take all the good money from any jobs they might get you. Stay well clear, as someone who signed up with customer street when i started im still suffering with monthly payments. If its someone selling advertising hang up unless you want to mess with them a little, i do that if im too busy!

D

davy_G

It hurts me to admit but 270 initial payment for the site and the 35 quid a month for something or other that seemed a good idea at the time. I tried to cancel recently and got the monthly down to 25 till my year term is up.
They phoned me when i was just starting and being keen to drum up work i went for it hook line and sinker.

F

Fekin

Unlucky mate.

Do you think you have had much work from having the advert with them.

Also exactly what is it they did for you ?

D

davy_G

Unlucky mate.

Do you think you have had much work from having the advert with them.

Also exactly what is it they did for you ?

I have had 2 calls resulting from the site. One was too far away to even go and quote the other thought i sold tiles.

As for what they did for me, stroke me. Dick turpin wore a mask!

G

Gazzer

I had Customer street or something like that on the phone to me recently ....same old chat...NO THANKS

F

Fekin

I had customer street the other day for what must be the 4th or 5th time.

Ended up saying, look, I've never heard of you before you called me, so I doubt my customers will have heard of you either, then put the phone down on them, again.

W

wivers

I was contacted by Trust a Trader today about this post as it diverts away from the feedback on themselfs and on to the muppets from Sesame Street.

They quite rightly do not wish to be tied in with the same brush as those mumbling idiots from Sesame Street and welcome any honest feedback on their company.

I did ring 3 clients of theirs when i was thinking about joining, to ask what they thought about the service they were getting, and the feed back on the whole was good.

So please anyone posting in here do not mention Sesame Street, but feel free to give your honest reviews on Trust a Trader.

I must also add that i have in no way been paid, or taken any kind of a bung by TT to write this post......but i am always open to persusion!!! :) :)

F

Fred

I hate it when these companies ring, ask a few questions then hang up..........the next minute you get a bill for alledgedly joining them..............

O

Olz

I had a call today, which i assume was customer street, i didnt stay on the phone long enough to find out but it went along these lines;

Me: Hello
Them: Hi (mumbled something) sorry let me start again, is that the kitchen fitter in wakefield.
Me: Erm, No mate, im a til...(interupts)
Them: If I told you i could get more kitchen fitting work would you be interested.
Me: Erm, no mate not really i dont fit...(interupted again)
Them: We understand that work is short at the moment because of the credit crunch.

My phone lost signal at this point, and the call got cut off, which was a shame really because knowing what was coming my parting shot was going to be along the lines of "Would you pay someone to get you work, when a) your s**t and b) you think im a bl**dy kitchen fitter!!, what work will you be guarenteing (spelling) me exactly tv aeriel repairs. Idiots

Reply to Trust a trader in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks